10 November 2013

Doll Pajamas

The crafting for the dolls continues. Since Lilly-Anna and Audrey-Anne have new beds, clearly they needed some PJs.

For the pants I used a pattern from the Milo Mila Blog. She has a wealth of great info and patterns for 18 inch dolls. This pattern was perfect, printed easily and worked exactly as advertised. I used some Strawberry Shortcake fabric and whipped up two pairs in about half an hour.

The top was based on the Ruffle Tank pattern from Pattern Patti. I just personally did not put on the ruffle. It was easy to just turn up the bottom hem and make a plain, Velcro back closure shirt. Used up remnants from the princess costumes of two years ago...not that I hoard fabric or anything, of course not!

The results are two sets of adorable PJs. The only change I will make is that from now on I will do the tops with proper facings. While the system of folding and hemming all the raw edges wasn't hard, and made a great finished product, it is not something I enjoy.

 

 

1 comments:

Alicen said...

I am totally making a bunch of pants now. Thanks for the pattern suggestion!